Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Here comes the sun!

 In January, no less!

So, all this talk of 'findability,' along with a missing box report, prompted Obimaster and myself to do a little boxing and box-maintenance in the winter sunshine. Excellent life choice! Getting outside in the fresh air and into the company of trees, feeling the soft trail beneath your feet, is something I highly recommend.

First, to check on those missing boxes - yep, sure enough they were gone. Boo. And I certainly appreciate the heads-up by a responsible boxer. Even though I was disappointed at their disappearance, it does give me the opportunity to re-carve and replant, hopefully better this time. Always in search of a better hiding place. We also checked in with Kurt to replace the full log; this place ALWAYS has visitors. Amazing because it is out the way, tucked back in his old neighborhood.

And then a sad discovery - one of my newer favorites was gone. It was a HIPS (hide in plain sight) box. That type of box can go missing rather quickly sometimes, but other times they seem to hang around indefinitely. Thankfully, this one had quite a few finders, so I feel alright to retire it. Besides, I have an idea for another HIPS box not to far from the location of the missing box. Keep watch as I continue my quest to lure boxers out to the Washington Coast!

In the midst of all those discoveries, we decided to snag some drive-bys along a stretch of highway we had not explored before. It was a fruitfully sunny endeavor, I am happy to say. I snapped a few pics you may enjoy:

Easy planting always leads us to cemeteries,
but they are beautifully peaceful


Historic cemeteries are interesting;
bonus points if the box is focused on a particular person 
or aspect within the cemetery

I love trees,
and cemeteries sometimes have giants!


We were treated to this beautiful sunset on our way home



The moral of the story: 

If the sun is shining, and you have the time, 
get out and box! 

You will improve your mental health 
as well as the findability rating on letterboxes!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin