Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday success.

 

stamp size 2.5" x 3.5", OZ Kut, VersaFine Ink (Onyx Black)

Well, I am very pleased with how this turned out - what a confidence booster! 

Ok, so sqiggles are very forgiving. You cannot see if I made any mistakes or not!

When I started this stamp I really thought it was Firm Kut, but no - it's OZ Kut. I have a couple of sheets from when I ducked out; OZ had just been made available. I really did enjoy working with it after a while. It is very firm, and sometimes I was 'pushing' in such a way that the gouge let loose and zoomed across the stamp. Luckily, no harm was done - either to me or the stamp.
I used the Staedtler non-modified small (green) v-gouge ... which needs sharpening, I am sure. 

I can see where some people would experience hand fatigue from this material.
It does give wonderful detail, though. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at this and say to myself (and now you and yours), "She's really back!" I love this!

~MC

Kris said...

I think you taking some time off from letterboxing just allowed your carving abilities to season. Everything you've showed us is wonderful! Please keep carving and planting. It's good to see you back!

Midnight Flamingo
Aka Bookworm

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Thank you, my dear friends. It is glad to be back - I sure missed the flood of creativity in my veins.

~SHH :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin