Tuesday, April 27, 2021

For the scrapbook.

Thought I would share some fantastic snaps from our recent boxing adventures. It has been rather dry and remarkably sunny around the Pacific Northwest as of late, and we have taken advantage of it! 

the flowering trees are my favorite!


Funny story: In the beautiful memorial park (pictured above), the box clue stated it was hidden in a rather pokey affair - gloves and long sleeves were recommended. However, upon reaching the appointed bush, it was no longer a bush but a tree! Sure, the box had been planted a mere 10 years ago, but it had been found as recently as 2020. As I approached, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be there, because of the thorough trimming. Ever hopeful, I began looking up into the high branches. No protective gear was necessary - I could stand completely under the pokey parts! 

As I was circling and looking, my partner got out of the car, where he was waiting for me to retrieve the box. Getting my attention, he asked what was stuck in the intertwining trunk about knee level ... OMG, it was the letterbox! I completely overlooked it in my search up in the higher branches! I could not believe it - it was completely exposed. It is more than clear that the maintenance crew left the it exactly where it had been hidden - they pruned around it! It has to be the weirdest thing I have seen so far! Perhaps they thought that it was left by a grieving family member ... *shrug* 

So, the only thing to do was happily stamp in. I admit I did not 'rehide as it was found,' but in the upper branches. :)

A sweet urban park

Pacific Northwest sunshine
making the moss in the trees glow

If it weren't cloudy, you would be able to see
Mt. Rainier in the distance ... 

ah ... there it is! Magnificent!

Since returning to the hobby, we have found 66 letterboxes - amazing! I am grateful for my boxing buddies and for all the wonderful carver-planters that have been busy during my absence. Every single one we have found has been a treasure and a treat to find - thank you!

a happy SHH!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin