Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Portfolio

From the very beginning of my carving 'career', I have kept a portfolio of my work. Initially, I wanted a copy of the stamp so I could re-carve them if needed. Since most of my stamps were going in traditional letterboxes, I was keenly aware that they may go MIA. I also wanted to record my progress. I guess I was pretty hopeful that I would improve!

I started with a smaller sketchbook and when that filled up, moved to a bigger one (which is now almost full!).


I always stamp my work in the portfolio, no matter what the purpose. So many of my stamps get sent away forever...it's nice to look back through these notebooks and remember what I have done. It's in chronological order, as well, which is interesting to look back on.



Here are some early hitchhikers and traditional box stamps from the first pages of my first portfolio:



And, the very first Star Wars stamps!


Look at that hand-drawn Vader! lol!

I highly recommend that everyone keep a portfolio of their carving efforts. It's inspirational and fun to see your progress!

3 comments:

Baqash said...

Love your work and nice to see you didn't always carve like a professional. There is hope for the rest of us.

Interesting note. Your entries show up faster on the atlas quest widget than my blogger dashboard.

Tee McNeil Art said...

Would LOVE to see more of the pages in your book! *puppy dog eyes*

Tee

Ari C'rona said...

This reminds me of the days when I would just sit and watch you carve... :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin