Monday, July 13, 2009

Famous Letterboxers: ER DVM and the Welcome Wagon

OK, uploading these photos from last nights get-together at the Old Spaghetti Factory here in Seattle just makes me laugh! We had a wonderful time meeting ER DVM, her husband, Firecracker Jim (great trailname!) and their son Happy Yellow, who has a sunny yellow smiley-face for a sig-stamp - excellent! They are visiting Seattle for a veterinary conference all the way from Ohio (no, not Iowa!). Here they are all the way at the other end of the table...

The food was good, the chianti was better and the company was the best! It is always interesting to watch the waitstaff try to serve a table of letterboxers lost in the frenzy of exchanges and personal travelers. Below Celt Salmon and Litter Boxer are deep in ink. Too bad you can't see Celt Salmon's hubby, Fish Dude - another great trailname!

Passing, passing..."hey, did I get your stamp? I don't think so, but I need it!" "What color do you use with this one?" Who's logbook is this?" "Oh no! I left my PT answers in the car! ugh..." "Wow! Great stamp!" "How did you do that?"

Here is Litter Boxer and her companion Minion; Triple T and I had a great time sitting next to them laughing and talking about local boxes. I told Minion that he didn't look like a 'minion' (which is 10 Jewish men, the requirement for group prayer)...I have to say that conversation was pretty funny!

Below is a boxer I had never me before, Maos (pronounced 'mouse')...what a sweetie. She was accompanied by her husband and one-year old, who was a little squirmy while all the stamping was happening. With Maos is my dear friend dbltall, Mariette. She is our official Welcome Wagon administrator, and a darned good one she is! Thanks, Mariette, for always putting together a last minute gather - the event stamps were super! She was with her hubby, Mild-Mannered Piper and her two rather tall sons, who aren't as interested in letterboxing as they used to be (it happens!).

And here are the local celebs, Ryan and Amanda...yeah, I know the shot is a little blurry. *sigh* Ryan wanted me to use the flash, but I just hate how it makes everyone look. Doesn't everyone look better in soft focus anyway? lol!

Let's just say we laughed a lot...

So, I caved and took one shot with the flash. See, Ryan...the flash makes everyone look bad!

...yeah. *laughing*

What a fun evening in Seattle, wish you could have been here!

2 comments:

Bobguyman said...

Wow... Looks like it was a ton of fun! I wish we could've gone up to Seattle for that last night! We had too many things to do to get ready for the packers =(

~BOB~

Ari C'rona said...

Fun pics and great summation of our evening, my dear! :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin