Thursday, August 20, 2009

From My Garden

(stamp size 2" x 1.5")

You may recognize this from the Mandala post; it is one of the succulent plants in my yard.

It makes an interesting sig-stamp, don't you think?

I like succulents, as it's one of the few plants that I can manage to keep alive. *smile*
Succulent plants, also known as succulents or fat plants, are water-retaining plants adapted to arid climate or soil conditions. Succulent plants store water in their leaves, stems and/or roots. The storage of water often gives succulent plants a more swollen or fleshy appearance than other plants, also known as succulence.

Many succulents come from the dry areas of the tropics and subtropics, such as steppes, semi-desert and desert. High temperatures and low precipitation force plants to collect and store water in order to survive long dry periods.
Yeah, that's just like my yard! lol! Only, it's not due to climate, but forgetfulness!



postscript: This stamp was more difficult than most, I would say. This was due to the fact that I used a new sheet of Grade B orange PZ Kut. I believe Webfoot said that she had problems with this batch of orange B. When it arrived, it felt more 'rubbery' than I'm used to, and it had an orange-peel feel to the surface. I sanded the surface with 220-320-600 grits of sandpaper (in that order) to prep the surface for carving (which works very well, I might add, and was easy). However, the carving was difficult, at best, as I had to push rather hard into the material. So much so, that the grip on my Staedtler gouge slid forward! Ack!

Gosh, I hope this PZ Kut drought ends soon.

3 comments:

Bobguyman said...

BEAUTIFUL! SUCH DETAIL! AMAZING! You've done it again! =D

~BOB~

Mama Cache said...

This is lovely. The thought that it might grace the back instead of the front of an LTC . . . well, it just ain't fair.

*sigh* Yes, it is true. There are far too many facets of you to be contained in only one signature stamp, my friend. I am glad you are capturing them in this, your "h'art."

Ari C'rona said...

Lovely! It turned out great! :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin