Saturday, August 1, 2009

You're a Winner!

I used to be involved with pageants; you know, beauty pageants. Actually, they are called scholarship programs now, and all the stereotypes you think of when you think of pageants are both true and untrue at the same time. Interesting, huh? I really enjoyed my years working on the Miss Pierce County Scholarship Program's board. In 2001, right after 9-11, I traveled to New Jersey and the Miss America Pageant to watch our then-current Miss Washington compete for Miss America. It was an experience I will not soon forget.

(actual size 2" x 1.5")

I carved these stamps to use in note cards to the contestants. Every little bit of encouragement is needed with these pageants - they are tougher than everybody thinks!

(actual size 1.5" x 3.5")

And here is my sweet friend Breann Parriott winning Miss Congeniality back in the day (2001).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin