Monday, October 5, 2009

Nat'l Breast Cancer Awareness Month

(stamp size 3.25" x 2.25")

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I thought I'd feature my stamp of a breast cancer pink ribbon quilt stitching pattern I carved for an LTC swap centered all around awareness of this form of cancer. I have not been touched in my family from this insidious cancer, but I know so many that have been - I hope they find some answers sooner rather than later.

At my local Curves they are holding an auction and fundraiser this month, with the collected money going towards breast cancer research. I have decided to donate my carving skills to the endeavor; two certificates for custom hand-carved name stamps for the winning bidders. I hope the certificates generate lots of bids!

So, I guess I don't need to encourage you, or your loved ones, to perform regular self-exams and to get screened, do I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where, exactly is your local Curves and how do we place a bid?!!! =)

Wild Rose

Mama Cache said...

What a special contribution to such an important cause!

I have four friends who have survived this cancer -- quite a blessing.

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

*laughing*

It's the Curves on So. Hill, my friend :-) (right across from the Meridian Coffee series!)

Ari C'rona said...

Very cool, my dear! Cindy was glad to get those certificates! :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin