Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thinking Ahead

(stamp size 1.5" square)

With the gift-giving season coming upon us soon, a lot of us are thinking of making gifts for our friends and loved ones. If you are thinking about creating custom photo frames either by making them yourself or by decorating those found in craft stores, consider carving a 'place photo here' stamp to use where the photo would be placed. I carved this one, and one other, for a 'boxing friend at her request (she was in turn giving the stamps to another friend to use in handcrafted photo frames that she sold). Good idea, huh?

Another idea that I absolutely love is carving custom name stamps. I oftentimes carve name stamps for new babies. They can be used for everything from the baby gift thank you cards to graduation cards. Here's a few that I have carved and given:

(stamp size 2" x .75")

(stamp size 2" x 1")

(stamp size 1.75" x .75")

And one more for a special little boy by the name of Jareth Kenobi,


(stamp size 2.25" x .5")

2 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

These are just too cool! I hadn't seen most of those before - I like it! :o)

Mama Cache said...

What cute name stamps!

About the photo stamp . . . am I understanding you correctly? Are you saying that the stamp would actually be covered UP? Not at my house. *grin*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin