Friday, July 10, 2009

The Necessity

In memoriam of my cheapy, thrift store coffee maker that I bought when my beloved Bunn died, I offer this stamp. Yes, I will be going to get a new one today. I don't think I could face a Shabbat morning without coffee, I admit.

There must be a special blessing for coffee...






Woohoo! Let's hear it for Google! Here's the blessing:

Ba-ruch a-tah A-do-nai E-lo-hei-nu Me-lech Ha-o-lam,
she-ha-kol ni-h'yeh bid-va-ro.

Blessed are You, Adonai, our God, King of the Universe,
by whose word everything comes to be.


Even coffee! Amein!

3 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

Amein! I think we should make our own blessing for coffee! :o)

Tee McNeil Art said...

LOL May it rest in peace. A fine tribute you've given your old friend here. My Mom had a coffee maker like that... hers would make coffee in less than a minute though. Something about keeping the water hot at all times. She loved that thing.

Mama Cache said...

Love your themes! Enjoy your necessity, my friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin