Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Favorite Inspiration

Tim Holz, crafter extraordinaire

Have you checked out Tim's blog or any of his incredible crafting products? If not, you should give it a peek. The blog is featured in my blog roll (in the sidebar), but have you taken a minute to check out what he is doing? Right now, he is doing 12 Days of Christmas tags, and man, are they cool! Now, I'm not really into Christmas, but that is not required to be fired up with some of his techniques!

My favorite ink of all time is the Distress Ink - you have to try this ink! It's a dye ink and comes in the most delicious colors. I started out with the browns, and have now just resigned myself to collecting all of them. (Here in the PNW, Ben Franklin Crafts stocks a complete line of Tim Holtz products, not just the inks.)

I desperately need the Ink Blending Tool. I would also love to give the Stickles a try. Both of those items would be awesome for LTCs. The Alcohol Inks are already a favorite of a lot of AQ-ers, I know, and I've seen some really cool effects created with them.

I have had way too much fun with his embellishments, such as the Philosophy Tags. I initially bought them as inspiration for writing, but they are so cool I just keep them on my craft desk for introspection and alone-time-meditation. His Gear embellishments was what inspired the Steam Punk swap; he has all sorts of doo-dads and must-haves that you should check out, if you haven't already.

philosophy tag

So, take some time to check out what Tim is doing - I think you will be impressed and inspired. While his style is not for everyone, I think you would be pretty hard-pressed not to come away with some kind of new idea to try.

And, no...I'm not being paid for this free ad. *chuckle*

4 comments:

Mama Cache said...

Last spring, we watched several of his tutorials -- very fun. Then we played with the distress inks -- also very fun.

This spring, we hope to give alcohol inks a try. My blending tool (still in the package) was to make its debut then. Now you've got me wondering . . . does he use it with the other inks, too?

While I'm asking questions, here's another: Are you still updating your ink reviews page? I just tried one that I really liked, and now we're all adding additional colors to our shopping list. Happy to share the results if you want them. ;-)

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Yes, I am updating the ink reviews as I get them - send 'em on! I wanna know about it! :-)

Ari C'rona said...

Great plug, my friend! I think I need more stuff! :o)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I just love the distress inks! Yummy and great for detail, they have become a go-to ink. Thanks for the blog. I will definitely be checking it out.

The Spooky Group

Blog Widget by LinkWithin