Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Hittin' the Louisiana Trail.

 

Oh man, it has been too long! My dear friend Mama Cache and I, along with the intrepid Blarg, got to spend two glorious days letterboxing in and around the Baton Rouge area. We had an incredible time! We managed to snag 18 - yes, 18! - boxes, catch up face-to-face, tried a bit of 'gator, hung out on the campus of LSU, evaded snakes and spiders, visited many cemeteries and even a couple plantation homes, and enjoyed the warm, southern temperatures. 

don't wrinkle your nose -
that gator tasted great!

I just love her sig-stamp,
and our little stamp snugged up right in the notch - cool!

Port Hudson battlefield

Confederate Cemetery @ Centenary



let's geaux!

I may have left a bit of my carving efforts behind ... *wink*

A huge THANK YOU to MC for playing tour guide,
and for all the laughs, ticks, and sweat that made the days so memorable! 



Until next time!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a special few days, and I loved having you both here. Still cannot believe we packed so much into so little time, and I am delighted that so many letterboxes were still alive and well.

For any who scroll down to read these comments, let me just say that a drive down to this area would be worth your while even if the only box you found was the one that SHH planted here. Truly a gem of gems.

Hugs! Miss you already!

MC ;-) (who only winks because her eyelid is naturally winky!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin