Sunday, February 26, 2023

Gallery.

Hello, my friends. I have to share: Just when I thought posting to this humble blog was questionable, I got a comment from a sweet soul that made it all worth it. Shout-out to Team Awesome Pants and your uplifting and motivating message - I can't thank you enough! I received it when we were actually out boxing - can you believe that?? 

Samsonite and I were on a mental health excursion to Port Townsend last weekend, and boy, did we have a blast! We snuck in long-overdue visits to Port Gamble and Poulsbo, as well. The weekend prior, Chuck and I headed to The Dalles, but there are scant boxes in that area, and they are mostly my own, so not a lot of boxing was possible. If you want to plant somewhere cool, think about the Columbia Gorge! I promise I will come to find them! 

We only found 1 box on the two trips. But phone pix are treasures, too. I hope they brighten your day. 

I wish you were here!

What a couple of goobers! In Port Townsend.
Samsonite looks so cute in this!

Me pretending to be a photographer.

In Port Gamble, we stopped at the Mercantile - 
if you have not been there, it is definitely worth a visit.

Haha! Yeah, it was cold, so I bought a hat :P

On the hunt, but no luck.
Oh well - trying is half the fun!

Samsonite and I stayed in Sequim, and our hotel was excellent. This scene
was between the hotel and the Black Bear Diner (pretty fancy for a diner!)
 However, a youth ball tourney was nearby, and the families stayed in our hotel.
You gotta know there was a LOT of running the halls until the wee hours!

A charming coffee shop in Port Townsend.
We also found the best bead shop ever that 
featured the exact necklace I was looking for - Score!

Yep - it was raining.

Mood.

This is where we were when I read the message from
Team Awesome Pants. It totally redeemed not finding the box.

A fabulous sunset in the rearview - 
The Dalles, OR

Antique architecture in Hood River - 
Obimaster and I stopped to walk around for a bit.
How lovely - look at that blue sky!

A view of Mt. Adams in Hood River, OR

Arriving at our hotel in The Dalles :)

Oh yeah! Mexican food (drinks?) is always on point!

Selfie on the Columbia

Back in Aberdeen.
It is not often that I do a walkabout in town, but we were 
waiting for the car to get serviced. Something about this scene
captured my imagination. Classic and kinda timeless.


On the road back home.
Until next time ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 4:46 AM, and guess what I'm doing . . . so worth it.

I may not be able to fall back asleep, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the photo feast.

By the way, you owe me a quarter for saying "pretending to be a photographer."

This took me back a full decade.

Hugs from 2500 miles away!

MC ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, consider that you made my day right back :) Thank you for keeping at it. It's important to more than you may ever know this side of eternity. And your photographs are my vicarious travelogue, so Woo And Hoo x2!

Team Awesome Pants (not so anonymous, just not smart enough to be able to not post anony-mouse-ly :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin