Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Motto

Just felt like putting up something Star Wars-y this morning. This is the 'motto' on my profile page over at Atlas Quest, and I really like what it stands for. Yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for quotes and deep thoughts, to be sure.

The strange looking lettering is called aurebesh, and is the alphabet for what is called 'basic' in the Star Wars universe - pretty geeky, huh?
Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism.
~Dorothy Thompson

He has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so.
~Walter Lippmann

Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.
~August Wilson
After being a Jedi all weekend, I'm feeling a little introspective I suppose. The overcast weather probably doesn't help, either...

2 comments:

Mama Cache said...

Weaving the other quotes with "the" quote is a nice touch.

Wish I could mail you some sunshine for that introspection.;-)

Ari C'rona said...

Those quotes are great! Ponder them I will. :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin