Thursday, October 13, 2022

Sneakin' in some sanity.


Oh my goodness, did I need an Oregon Coast fix! We haven't been down since Corgi Beach Day, and then we only hung out around Astoria and Cannon Beach. My love is to keep heading south and pay my respects to all the little towns along the way to Newport. Sweet Newport.

Samsonite and I snuck away after she got out of the classroom on Friday and really made the most of the weekend. We rolled into Newport in the dark, got up early on Saturday, boxed and planted until dark Saturday evening, then up again on Sunday morning to meander home, leaving boxing love in our wake. It was fantastic!

Since we have snagged so many of the boxes on the coast, there were few to find. After bombing out on several, we did finally hit pay dirt - I ended up with five new stamps in my log. They are awesome, too! There is a special kind of appreciation for finding the box after you have struck out multiple times. We eventually had to head for home after grabbing the last drive-by in the dark. I am never, NEVER sorry to have spent time on the Oregon Coast.

I had eleven new planted boxes to list when I got home. Pretty exciting! I have been kind of on a planting kick, what with the RD TRP Series and now the Pocket Treasures - those little stamps are a blast to carve and hide! I do hope seekers have as much fun finding as I did hiding!

I would definitely say the weather was unpredictable - one minute it was windy and foggy (spooky!) and the next it was bright, warm sunshine. It kept things interesting and also allowed for some great photo opportunities.

On the amazing 804 Trail in Yachats

it's so much better in person!

Spoooooky! What an awesome 'wind sock'!

I want this in my yard!

A snap of the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse ...

but, this is the money shot!

Next time we come down, we are gonna head
eastward on 20 for some more exploring ...
(not as far as Boston, though)

hangin' out on Big Creek

Samsonite gettin' it done!

Ooooh, cool fungi!

Hello, there :)



another lovely trail, but check that out!
Warning: Hazardous Trees Ahead

Whoops! The ground here was super squishy.



we've gone down this trail before, 
can't wait to get back here in December!

this is what we captured as we left Seaside


Astoria

The moon @ Dismal Nitch


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics !

BetsyLee

Anonymous said...

Never saw your blog before, but this is AWESOME!! Love all your pics-thanks so much for sharing! Oregon & Washington are at the TOP of my letterboxing bucket list-shooting for next summer/fall!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was me, Gypsy Fiddler!🥰

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Hi Gypsy Fiddler! Glad you found me! If you ever head out this way, you must give a shout and maybe we can meet up!

SHH :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin